Home » Gadgets » Use LED Strip Lights

Use LED Strip Lights

led-strip-lightsLED Strip lights are thin, flexible lights that can be used throughout houses and gardens. You can acquire both waterproof and non-waterproof lights and light strips can be cut to completely suit your task.

To affix non – waterproof lights simply peel off the adhesive strip and stick. Waterproof lights are affixed making use of screws and mounting clips.

You can select LED strip lights based on color, brightness and how moisture proof they are. Lights are generally sold in spools.

Most LED strips have to be used with a 12v power source so if in doubt consult the producer and your electrician.

Where to Use LED Strip Lights

LED lights are quick, reliable, environment-friendly and incredibly inexpensive to run. You can utilize them anywhere you want to, but they’re most commonly used as a means to highlight areas in the home.

For instance, you can place lights around all-time low of your kitchen area cabinets or above your work surfaces. You can use them in your yard to brighten a pathway and even position them behind a mirror in your bathroom to offer a ‘dressing room’ impact.

What About Colours?

Light is a fantastic way to add interest and character to a house, but setting up brand-new light fittings can be costly and disruptive. With LED lights, it’s fast and simple to make an improvement and you will not have to start messing with wiring or drilling holes in your ceiling

LED lights are available in a myriad of various colors and you can even discover strip lights that change from one color to another. Due to the fact that they’re so inexpensive to run, making use of LED lights around the home is a wonderful means to offer adequate light to obtain around and avoid having to walk into pitch black rooms, without having to hand over thousands on energy costs, which is exactly what would occur if you kept your conventional bulbs on all the time.

Are they Safe?

Led Light wireThe brief answer is yes! LED lights do not get hot like normal bulbs. 90 % of the energy they use enters into making light, rather than the 20 % attained by normal bulbs (the other 80 % of energy is wasted producing heat).

This indicates that LED strip lights don’t fume, so you can utilize them inside cupboards and closets, in restrooms, to brighten shelving or along walls.

Can I Fit LED Strip Lights Myself?

If you want to plug your LED Strip Lights into the mains then you can fit them yourself, but if you desire them wired in then you’ll need to employ the services of an electrician. However, a lot of homeowners like to just acquire and plug in, which looks just as effective as wired in strip lights.

Email About Tech News

Signup now and receive an email once I publish new content.

I agree to have my personal information transfered to AWeber ( more information )

I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.